Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's About TIme To Get Real

SO... I've spent the past month of my life getting real with God FOR REAL! Through certain circumstances and tough times I realized that I was a COMPLETE mess on the inside and only getting worse because my relationship with God wasn't REAL. I had been living life on my own terms instead of God's and guess what?? It wasn't very rewarding;in fact, it was pretty much the opposite, but ANYWAYS, back to a month ago...I decided I wanted to get to know God and who he really is to me. I wanted to experience a TRUE relationship with him!! I wanted a real loving give AND take relationship not just TAKE TAKE TAKE like we tend to do with God sometimes. SO how did I do this?? As painful as it is for a college student, I set the alarm clock a little earlier every morning to spend TIME with God praying and reading his word. THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST HABIT YOU CAN EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE. As I got to know God again my whole disposition changed! Seeking his face and hearing from him every morning sets a positive mood for the entire day. Even though the circumstances surrounding this AWESOME change in my life were NOT so awesome or fun, i have realized that God let me go through them for a reason and that reason was to bring me closer to him. Sometimes God has to dish out a little TOUGH LOVE to wake us form worldly daze, but all of it is ALWAYS for our own good. I read these verses in Jeremiah pretty much every single day either at the beginning or end of my time with God to continually remind myself that I would get past this hard time because he has AMAZING plans for my life!!

Jeremiah 29:7,11-13 "seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity".

1 comment:

  1. oh i've had this thought. i am SO NOT a morning person i really think i need to take that extra step and prove to God that He's worth getting up early for. =) thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete